Hey everybody! Those who know me know that I own a lot of video games... Let me rephrase that... A LOT of video games, to the point where I've honestly lost track of what I do and do not own. Therefore, it is my intent to use this blog to record my collection. However, in my opinion a static listing of games is a bit dull, both for myself and for anyone who might want to look at it. I'd like to make it fun, interesting and informative for all involved, so here is my vision -
First off, general information - This will include a picture of my copy of the game, the game's condition, the game's genre, developer, year of release, and any other information I feel is pertinent. Next I'll attempt to form a standard price point for both Amazon and Ebay. Here's an example -
Actraiser
Condition - Complete in Box /w Inserts
Genre - Action Platformer/Sim
Developed by Quintet, Published by Enix
Released in North America in November 1991
Price Point
Amazon - $50 Ebay - $75
Next, I'll comment on the game from three different perspectives:
Gamer Notes - my thoughts as a general gamer and video game historian, including how familiar I am with the game, tidbits and information, memorable moments, etc.
Collector Notes - my thoughts as a collector, including additional notes on condition, rarity, cause of rarity, etc.
Speedrunner Notes - my thoughts as a speedrun enthusiast, including if I think the game is/would be good to run and why, notable speedrunners and notable tricks where applicable.
Finally, to give complete immersion and to satisfy those of you who hate reading (you know who you are) I plan to capture video for each and every game in my collection. I haven't quite hammered out what I want the length or content of these to be, but at present I'm thinking maybe the first 15-30 minutes of the game to give a good introduction along with commentary. Obviously I'll get further into and be able to show off more in games that I know well, but discovering how to play a new game can be entertaining as well. For those who may not know, I do have some experience at this from streaming (twitch.tv/shingouryu), and I may eventually start streaming this gameplay and archiving it here depending on how comfortable I get with it/how many people are actually actively following this.
Obviously, this is a large undertaking and I am dedicated to producing high quality content. In order to not drive myself insane, I'm going to be doing this is small chunks, with the goal of releasing at least one entry per month. To that end, if people are actually following this thing and it's been a while since my last entry, I encourage you to bug me so I get off my lazy ass and get something done. Obviously, feedback and constructive criticism is appreciated. I've already started working on my boxed SNES collection, so expect the first part of that pretty soon.
Here's hoping you'll join me on this hopefully fun and interesting project!

No comments:
Post a Comment